- WE GOT MARRIED! This has by far been one of the best years of my life. I married my love and moving in together has been one of the most fun and rewarding experiences. Definitely worth the wait! We traveled to Grand Lake, Colorado for two weeks and got married in the Rocky Mountains July 20, 2014 spending a weekend with the friends and family who cherish us more than anything! Best weekend ever. And I mean that..too much fun to be had. Then we headed to Hawaii, both of us for the first time visiting. Maui was perfect. Perfect weather, perfect relaxation, perfect amount of fun. What a seriously incredible 2014 year it has been!
- We rescued two new kitties, sisters Yoyo and Slinky and they are snuggle bugs! Philip hates the hair around the house, but again, they are worth the mess.
- We watched our best friends get married in November as we both stood up with them (again, best year ever). Philip was his best man. I also checked off another bucket list item of being IN their wedding AND shooting it at the same time. It happened people. And it was a lot easier than I thought!
- I was able to shoot my first wedding in the Dominican Republic at Now Larimar Resort in Punta Cana. It was so humid, the bridal party ended up jumping in the pool at the reception.
- We travel to Mexico quite a bit, but haven’t been to this area before. I shot a wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at Marival Resort & Spa. A lovely way to end my 2014 season the week before Christmas and a really great group of people to spend it with.
- I checked off yet another bucket list item and was able to shoot a Mexican family while on the beach of Puerta Vallarta. We’ve photographed a few families in the mountains but never on the beach. I was ecstatic. I’ve always wanted to give the gift of photographer to a really great family. And I found them. Photographed them in my bikini and all (or lacking in the all category). They have been so sweet through communication on Facebook.
- I made the COVER of two Kansas City bridal magazines.
- Continued to work as Art Director of EA Bride Magazine getting the opportunity to work with two Miss. Kansas models and one Miss. Missouri model. That was a huge honor! And they were as beautiful inside as out.
- We were featured on one of my favorite National blogs for the first time. Check out Jimmy & Britney’s pictures on the Luxe Pearl.
- We were featured in over 4 print magazines.
- We were nominated “2014 Bride’s Choice Award” again by my clients and Wedding Wire, for the fifth year in a row. Hurray. We thank you for your kind words and relationships
- I donated over $2,000 to local organizations thanks to YOU all supporting my business.
- This was our lowest shooting year for weddings as we took off most of the summer for our wedding extravaganza. We only shot 12 weddings, but over 10 beloved sessions, and over 30 lifestyle sessions (family, children, and life + style) making this the biggest year for lifestyle portraiture for us.
- This was the first year I set some intense standards in my business. As much as I love to work hard, I didn’t want my business to run my life. I wanted and needed balance between my jobs and personal life. And I needed a set working schedule and most importantly, a set sleeping schedule. Setting rules, strict business hours, and giving myself a game plan Jan of 2014, I was able for the first year, to enjoy more personal time, more evenings while still making just as much. My workflow and organization has strengthened tremendously. Working hard to be better and more efficient for myself and my clients has been a huge blessing in my life as a whole.
- On that note, we’ve added something really fun to our website and it will be ANNOUNCED TOMORROW. (Tuesday) Stay tuned for new fun happenings. Our newlywed couples DON’T want to miss this. It’s one for you.
So much gratitude to yet another really, really fun year in my life! This is one for the books. Here’s to a happy 2015.