I’m so so thankful for almost 7 years of business with 99% amazing clients. I’ve been fortunate to have met such great people along the way from families, to little kidos, to couples who’ve been married for 50+ years, to couples all around the world getting married. Welcoming new life and seeing lives come to an end, windows opening and doors closing and all the miracles in between. I’m grateful that you all trust me to capture it all for you. It’s been a fun 2015. Lets take a look back at some of our most fabulous things that we got to experience this past year:
- Photographed a wedding in Puerto Morelos, Mexico on a rooftop looking over the ocean. Beautiful!
- Photographed a wedding for Sam & Rich in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Our first time to this location and definitely not our last.
- I got to photograph a wedding in Stillwater, Minneapolis of one of our best friends, Aaron and his lovely Steph, while Philip stood as Best Man in the wedding. What a fun trip!
- I got to document the engagement (Beloved session) of my very best friend Katy and Josh here in our neighborhood. So personalized, I loved it. And so honored they asked.
- Photographed a wedding of a darling Denver Broncos dancer who is one of the most beautiful people inside and out. Their wedding was truly magical at the Uptown Theatre here in Kansas City, Mo.
- We had one of our favorite weddings and favorite clients, Allie & Liam’s wedding featured in The Knot-Missouri and Kansas. EEEEE! So exciting.
- We had the honor of being featured in both print (Jan/Feb 2016 Ultimate Planning Guide) and online for Destination Weddings & Honeymoons. A website i’ve been following and adoring for years.
- One of our favorite professionals we work with and her epic baby room was featured on The Little Umbrella, go check it out.
- We were in print for The Knot for Amy & Mike’s Lawrence wedding. Also another squeal. We LOVE seeing our couples featured. Especially in print.
- Our work was grabbed up from International Wedding blog Der Hochzeits again this 2015 for Joe & Tesa’s wedding Puerto Morelos, Mexico at Azul Beach Resort.
- We were on the cover of a few more EA Bride Magazines, so lucky. It makes us so happy to see continued relationships grow in the wedding & portrait industry.
- We built another home that sit atop the mountainside overlooking the city, for a very sincere and hard working family in Tijuana, Mexico again at God speed in just 3 days. Making this home bigger and more spacious for their little one and one on the way. Spent a lot of time in deep conversation with God as two of our own that were with us on the mission trip, lost their teenage son, and one of our friends, back home in Kansas City the first day we arrived in Mexico. We continue to pray for our KC and Mexico family and the healing that comes with loss, alongside the celebration that comes with new life.
- Traveled to the East coast capturing sunsets at their finest, climbing to waterfalls on challenging hikes, hiking the Appalachian trail near Clingman’s Dome, we kayaked the Potomac River with some friends, celebrated our (my husband and I’s) 1st Anniversary in the Shenandoah Mountains as we headed down the Blue Ridge Parkway, camping along the route. We visited the Biltmore and claimed our new room we hope to be moving into soon. Saw the breathtaking Smokey Mountains for the first time and enjoyed time with some of our favorite friends there in Tennessee. Saw tons of family we haven’t seen in years along the way from Maryland to Knoxville and got to photograph some great friends from college along our route. Spent a week in Nashville listening to as much music as we could. Couldn’t believe there was any type of music you wanted to hear, literally just one door down from the other for neighborhoods. We stood in line for hours to experience the Blue Bird Cafe-it was very worth sweating it out to see such talent! Traveling is our happy place, and we could go on for days about all the hikes, sites, waterfalls, our sky-diving adventure, camping and seeing as much as we could Kansas City, Mo and East. We will spare you [smiles]
I could go on and on, but these were just a few of our favorite memories. Cheers to another amazing year in 2016 and thank you to all of our 2015 clients again. Looking forward to more amazing photographs taken of you in the years to come.